This was always made by my grandmother… she said, there were hard times, poverty, so you can make anything from old bread… .so great dessert, something instead of a quick cookie…
- Cut the old bread into slices.
- Pour milk and sugar into a deep plate.
- Dip each slice of bread briefly in milk on both sides and set aside in another plate.
- In a special plate, beat the eggs with a couple of tablespoons of sugar.
- Heat the oil in the oven.
- When the oil is hot, dip each slice of bread on both sides in the egg and bake.
- When it gets a nice color on both sides, we take it out on paper to remove the excess fat.
Serve with jam or marmalade.