Bun # 2
Where there are cevapi, there must be buns :-) This is a slightly different way of preparing buns.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Then add water, oil and slowly add water. Knead a harder dough.
- Coat the dough with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour and thirty minutes.
- Shake the dough on a generously floured work surface, mix and divide into 16 balls. Spread each ball with a rolling pin to a thickness of about 1 cm.
- Cut each bun lengthwise and crosswise in 4-5 places and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- These buns are baked on pancake griddles and that gives them a special softness and taste. They can be baked in the oven, but they are prepared much better this way.
- I bake them for 5 minutes on one side, then turn them over, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 5 minutes on the other side.
- If you bake them in the oven, bake them at 250 degrees for 20 minutes or until finely browned, depending on the oven.
- Cevapi # 2
*** I must emphasize that this is the amount of liquid I put for the flour I use here in the USA. When preparing the dough you should pay attention to the amount of liquid as it all depends on the type of flour and the altitude where you live.