Bulgur with asparagus and carrots
Fasting lunch :)
- Wash the asparagus and tear off the lower, hard ends - from which the foundation will be made. Cut off the tops of the asparagus and cut the rest into rings.
- Put about 0.5 liters of water to boil together with the lower parts of the asparagus, add salt and cook for 10-15 minutes. Then, take out the lower parts of the asparagus with a strainer and throw them away, and in the same water blanch the asparagus into rings for 2 minutes (until they soften a bit), and take them out with a strainer and set aside. Put asparagus and carrots (cut into cubes) in the same water and cook for 1 minute. Remove with a strainer and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and sauté it in butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and continue to simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the bulgur to the onion and toast it for a few minutes, turn up the heat and add the wine. When the wine evaporates, reduce the heat and gradually add the stock.
- After 10min add the diced asparagus and carrots, and continue to soak.
- After 5min add the asparagus tops.
- When the bulgur is al dente (but cooked), add a little butter, parsley and parmesan.
- Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper and leave for a few minutes for the bulgur to absorb the excess liquid.