Bulgur pilaf with vegetables
Bulgur pilaf the Turkish way.
- Wash the bulgur well and set it aside to drain. Cut onions, peppers, carrots and zucchini into cubes. Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan (porcelain or tefal). Add the onion and sauté until it changes color.
- Then add peppers, carrots and zucchini and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and stir until it releases its scent.
- Stir in the red pepper (spice).
- Add the bulgur and mix everything together well.
- Add salt and boiled water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then simmer over low heat until the bulgur absorbs all the water. Then mix it well and put kitchen paper on it, and a lid over the paper. Leave to stand for about 20 minutes.