Bulgur in sataras
Nothing wise or revolutionary - but it's super fine. After all, why not share my favorite summer lunch with you :)
- Wash and dry the vegetables. Cut the eggplant into cubes, add a little salt and leave for 10-15 minutes to release the bitterness. Then rinse it under water and drain.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion finely, the paprika into strips, the zucchini into quarter rings. If you don't like the skin of the tomatoes, peel them (I like them so I didn't peel them) and then chop them. Peel a squash, grate it and chop finely.
- Fry onions and peppers in heated olive oil with rosemary, stirring. When the vegetables soften and the excess liquid evaporates, add the zucchini, tomatoes and drained eggplants. Season with salt, add a little chopped bay leaf and hot peppers as much as you like. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, so that the tomatoes release the juice.
- Add the bulgur, mix and cover with enough water to cover everything. Saute covered at low to medium temperature for about 10 minutes. Periodically check that you are not running out of fluids.
- After about 10 minutes, uncover and, if necessary, add a little more water (but only enough to cook the bulgur until the end) and chopped garlic. With occasional stirring, simmer uncovered until the bulgur is cooked through (up to 5 min) and the excess liquid has evaporated.
Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley leaves - as a main dish with a lettuce salad or as a side dish to meat dishes, tofu… Note: this time I did not have fresh parsley leaves so I put dry. A sprig of tomato (pictured) is for decorative purposes only. : D superslasna i krasna performed by tnova ... and another one, with the addition of chicken :: phenomenal performance by smile2204 :: proverbially excellent performance & photo by maslinka :: fantastic, vegetable-rich performance of ba beer :: super beautiful and (without a doubt) superfine performance by Jasminkazg1 ... and once again ... and once again :) :: a beautiful performance by maja78 - as if I were listing a fancy cookbook! :: superfini bulgur by ana53 :: beautifully made and served bulgur by ivannna :: super performance by Neens :: and another beautiful performance by ivannna :: beautiful performance by zazu :: great combination by VjevericaMM :: super performance by Jazzika :: and another :: and another super variant :: super performance with accessories by ultra :: another beautiful performance by ivannna :: super performance by Vesna-69- ... :)