Bulgur and Vegetables
This is how I make it, and you add and subtract vegetables according to your taste ... Great for a side dish, and for me often, with a little grated parmesan, the main dish.
- Heat the butter and olive oil. First fry the eggplant cut into smaller cubes.
- Add chopped shallots to the fried eggplant, fry. Then add the tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Add the peppers. When the peppers soften a bit, add the bulgur, garlic, parsley and mint and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vegetables and bulgur with the soup stock, cover and let it simmer at a low temperature for about 10-12 minutes until the bulgur absorbs all the liquid. If necessary, add a little more foundation or hot water.
- Serve warm as a side dish or as a stand-alone dish.