Recipe for two years with you ... :-)
- Put a spoonful of sugar and a spoonful of yeast in 2 dl of lukewarm milk. Stir and leave on warm to rise. Mix eggs, yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar, then add fat and softened margarine. Using a mixer, make a smooth mixture. Put flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and orange in a large bowl to knead the dough. Mix, then add the mixture of eggs, sugar, fat and margarine and the grown yeast. Knead the dough by hand. If necessary, another tablespoon of flour can be added. Cover with cling film and let rest for 5-6 hours. The dough will not rise much, and during rising it can be kneaded once more.
- After rising, divide the dough into 4 balls. First spread one ball to a thickness of 3-4 mm. Take out the circles with a round mold or glass. The diameter of my mold was 8 cm. Put a small spoonful of stuffing in the middle of each circle and wrap it as in the picture - as a gift! :-) Squeeze a little so that they don't open, and you can coat the edges of the circle with a little water before rolling. Repeat the process with the other dough balls.
- Arrange the roses on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake at 160 C until golden brown. Baked roll in crystal sugar.
- For the filling, first beat the egg whites into a stiff batter, then add the sugar. Mix at maximum speed then add walnuts, grated chocolate, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and orange zest!
- From this recipe I got 150 roses! The roses are crispy and very tasty! :-)