Bulgarian pie with vegetables
My grandmother adored her, and I avoided her :) Then a year ago I came across a recipe in my grandmother's notebook and decided to change something…. "usual" flour I replaced with flour with semolina, added vegetables and….
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into small cubes.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg yolks with yoghurt, oil and baking powder.
- Add flour and slowly stir in the egg whites.
- Add diced cheese, mix slowly, then add vegetables, stirring gently.
- Pour the mixture into a greased mold and bake at 250 C for about 20 minutes. then reduce to 200 C and bake for another 15-20 minutes, it will depend on the thickness of the dough, ie the mold you use.
- Serve the kuglof on a serving plate and serve only or with the addition of salad, yogurt or any side dish of your choice.
Although I always serve it hot and cold it is equally beautiful. If you happen to have something left :) you can also freeze it. Here’s in anticipation of some better and cross-sectional images of Pleasant!