A recipe from my friend Slavka from Sofia, which I have been preparing for years.
- Wash the vegetables well first. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Clean the peppers from the handle and seeds and cut them into cubes. Peel the blue eggplant and also cut it into cubes. Peel a squash, grate it and grate it.
- Put the finished vegetables in a large skillet and put on the fire to cook without adding water. Cook until the vegetables soften so that they can be mashed.
- Remove the cooked vegetables from the heat and press the seeds and husks with a press. Return the mashed vegetables to the sickle and put them on the fire to cook.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and a little salt. Also add a few bay leaves and peppercorns. Cook until the mixture starts to thicken. Add oil and cook to the desired density. Try how salty it is and add salt if necessary.
- At the very end, add the mustard and mix well to combine with the ketchup. Put the finished ketchup in sterile jars or bottles and close well. Cover with some kebet and leave to cool slowly. When it cools, put the finished ketchup with another winter.