Two, three buns and a cup of warm milk. Good start to the day, right?
- Whip the warm milk, yeast and a little flour a little thicker than the pancake mixture and let it rise in the heat for one 15 minutes.
- Put the rest of the flour in a separate bowl, make a hole and gradually add with mixing: salt, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, eggs, oil and finally a gradually raised mixture with yeast. Make everything nice to get a smooth dough.
- Leave the dough to rise in the heat for half an hour, mix it and let it rise once more.
- Roll out the dough prepared in this way on a floured board, half a cm thick and cut into 5 × 5 cm squares. Place a teaspoon of marmalade on each square and shape into a ball.
- Arrange the finished balls next to each other on a greased baking tray and let them rise for another 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 180 degrees for half an hour.
- Sprinkle the cold buns with powdered sugar.
The buns can also be filled with other fillings, such as fresh cheese filling.