Buhtle My Grandmothers Gold
- Put the yeast in lukewarm milk with a little sugar to rise. Pour the flour into a whisk in the middle to make a depression, add the risen yeast and other ingredients ... egg yolks, sugar, oil, the rest of the milk, a pinch of salt, lemon zest.
- Knead the dough well with a mixer or beat it by hand. Leave it covered with a cloth until it doubles. As the dough rises into the pan in which to bake the buns the butter will melt. Then roll it out into a quadrangle half an inch thick. Cut the dough into cubes, put a teaspoon of stuffing on each cube and pack well. Then turn them in melted butter and stack.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes, they are done when the pan is shaken and the buns are separated!
- For the filling, mix as much cheese and sugar as you like (try how sweet it is), vanilla sugar. I can also fill them with pekez, but my grandmother liked cheese the most, so I love it too.
- The buns are really soft and light! If you close them hermetically, they will be very tasty the next day :))
All ingredients should be at room temperature.