Buba Mara cake
My grandchildren go to school, Novak to the first grade and Nikola to the preschool. On that occasion, I made them a cake according to the recipe of our Jasna, blues40, Cesar kolac. Here is what a cake (almost the same ingredients) looks like in the shape of a cake in which they themselves participated, the decoration is theirs. Thanks, Jasna!
- Beat eggs with sugar until white, add oil, milk, sifted flour with baking powder and mix well. Pour half of the mass into a round mold. Place in a preheated oven 180'c. and bake for about 25 minutes. Add the chocolate crumbs to the other half, mix and shake in a paper-lined pan. This crust should be baked shorter, maybe 20 minutes. My oven is big enough to fit both molds at the same time.
- Cut the cooled crust from the round mold horizontally so that you get two crusts of the same shape. Cut the crust from the tin or tear it into smaller pieces.
- Pour milk and sugar into a bowl. Cook over low heat until heated but not too much as a thickened density needs to be added. Stir the density in the milk (separate from the total amount of approximately 100 ml). Stirring gently with a whisk, pour in the heated milk, taking care not to form lumps. It is best to remove from the stove until you mix the thickener and then return the serpentine to the hob and continue cooking until the cream thickens.
- Whip the softened butter, add the cooled cream and vanilla and mix everything together into the cream. Separate one part of the cream for coating the cake and add the torn biscuit to the rest and mix everything lightly.
- Stacking a cake is a must in a cake pan! Put the first crust in the mold and spread the jam over it. Then put all the biscuit dough cream and flatten. Cover with another biscuit previously coated on the underside with jam, and lightly press from above with your hand to make the crust stick. Put in the fridge to cool, it can overnight. The next day, take it out of the mold, transfer it to a serving tray and coat with cream. Decorate with ladybugs or as you wish. The cake is beautiful and without decorating on the side.
- Mare beetle Drain the peach or apricot halves, arrange them in a deeper bowl and pour over the juice. Leave them to stand for ten minutes and then transfer them to a paper towel to drain. Arrange the halves on the cake and decorate the halves with melted chocolate, make Buba Mare.