I have made burritos this way many times, without giving up the original recipe, because I have nothing to add or take away. The only thing I do is marinate the chicken longer .....
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces. Peel a squash, grate it and chop finely. Squeeze out all the juice, and remove any remaining ginger fibers. Add the ginger to the chicken as well as the juice of half a lemon. Salt. Leave to marinate for a while. This softens the meat a lot.
- Peppers, onions, peeled tomatoes cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the chicken. Fry, but not too much. Put it in a bowl and set it aside.
- In the same pan / frying pan and on the remaining fat, fry the onions until they are glazed, then add the peppers. Simmer until soft, then add peeled tomatoes and tomato juice (remove from the can for salsa).
- Add pre-washed beans to all this, then the chicken and simmer for a while. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The original recipe states that grated cheese is added to the cooled mass.
- I fill immediately, by placing one-eighth of the mixture along the length of the tortilla on the tortilla and sprinkling with one-eighth of the grated cheese (I often use only 200 g) and then wrapping the tortilla.
- Wrap the tortilla one by one and place it in a nice tray. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top if desired. I have no leftovers :-) Bake for about twenty minutes in a preheated oven at 180C.
- Mix all the ingredients, chopped or simply mix everything in a blender. Season a little more to taste, if someone is not hot enough :-) I add salt and a teaspoon of sugar.
Serve with warm burritos and freshly prepared salsa.