Brioche with apples and Dulce de Leche
Irresistible softness on the outside and inside ljam I leave it to you to judge.
- Put sugar in lukewarm milk and crumble the yeast, then stir to melt.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a hole in the middle.
- Add the milk with the yeast, a little beaten egg and the softened butter cut into pieces into the flour and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle on a lightly floured surface and knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Place in a large bowl and cut with a knife into a cross shape, cover or cover with a cloth and leave on to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (I always put it in a closed microwave oven).
- Peel an apple and cut it into pieces. Boil them with a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of water to soften a little (7-8 minutes). Allow the apples to cool.
- I prepared Dulce de Leche the day before: put a can of condensed milk to boil in a deeper pot with enough water so that the can is always covered. Cook for 2-4 hours (in my case 3). Allow to cool completely before opening.
- Stir in 3-4 tablespoons of Dulce de Leche apples and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Stretch each piece by hand or roller into a rectangle. Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling along the shorter edge, then fold twice (as if rolling a bun), pressing the edges well so that the filling does not leak from the side. Cut the rest of the unwrapped dough into strips and fold over the already rolled part. Here’s what this part of the process looks like.
- Prepare other pastries in the same way.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, cover and let rise again for about 1 hour.
- Whisk 1 egg yolk with a spoonful of milk and coat the pastries with it, sprinkle them with coarse crystal sugar and bake for about 15 minutes at 190 ° C.
I used goat milk butter, if you have the opportunity to buy it I recommend it to you too. It is completely white and soft even when you just take it out of the fridge.