BRET NOKLICE (Brät, prat, pret, bret)
Meat platter, or as it is called "brät" in the German-speaking area, is the basis for sausages, hot dogs, meat cheese or as it is also called meat bread, dumplings and fillings. It is made by grinding pure meat, without veins, fat, skin, canning salt and ice. Bret is almost impossible to produce at home because a very fast and strong machine called a "cutter" is needed to make it. I have tried several times and got satisfactory results which I will show you in some of the following recipe. I made the dumplings from the purchased mixture.
- Brät is usually bought in small aluminum molds in which you can bake it, so you will get meat cheese or meat bread (Fleischkäse, Leberkäse)
- Shake the bret in a bowl, add the eggs, spices and parsley.
- It is very important to make the mixture well with a mixer to make it foamy.
- When the mixture is ready, it is a soft pink color, which will change color when in contact with hot water. By this you will know that the dumplings are done.
- You can fill the mixture into a decorating bag without any attachment or simply into a freezer bag to cut off the top so that the slit is about 1 cm wide. I personally prefer a freezer bag that is thrown away, and there are no unpleasant smells left (Swarzwald cake with the smell of hot dogs, it happened to me once;))
- Place a pot of hot water on the stove and let it boil, then turn it off completely, the dumplings must not be boiled, but only steamed in hot water.
- Gently squeeze the contents out of the bag and tear off the rollers about 1 cm long with the blunt side of a knife. Very simply, you will see. Be careful not to overfill the pot, work twice. The dumplings will change color in contact with hot water and this is a sign that they are done, so there is no cooking.
- Immediately remove the dumplings with a strainer on a tray. If the amount is too much for one meal, you can freeze them without any problems. Just add frozen dumplings to the cooked soup, cover and wait for about 10 minutes. If you freeze them, it is important to spread them on a tray beforehand, so that they do not stick.
- As I wrote, the ingredients for meat pretzels are meat, bacon, nitrite salt, ie canning salt and spices. There is no secret ingredient, but all the wisdom is in grinding, so the final product must be completely creamy, like cream for cakes, which is impossible with home machines. Pret is rich in proteins from pork fat and goats, which are a problem when grinding at home;)
I am sure that this mixture can be obtained from us in butchers, so try to bribe butchers;)