Bremen Easter sweet bread ..
... Fragrant ... delicious ... easy to prepare..try it, and you will be convinced ...
- Grease a sheet or mold. Sift the flour into a deeper bowl, make a hollow in the middle. Crush the yeast in it, then knead the yeast with milk, sugar and a little flour. Let it rise covered for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Melt the butter, mix in the vanilla sugar, salt and cardamom as desired. Add this mixture to the fermented yeast, and beat the light dough with the remaining flour.
- Wash the raisins, under a stream of cold water, and let them drain. Knead the almonds, chopped rind, raisins, juice and lemon zest into the dough.
- Cover the dough, let it rise for 30 minutes. Divide it into two equal parts. Put one in a greased mold. Then flatten the surface. Let it rise for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 190C. Bake the well-risen bread for 50 minutes. On the bottom bar. Check with a stick. is it baked, and only then take it out of the oven. Transfer it to the grill to cool well.
- From the other half of the dough, form an oblong bread (bread), lay it on a greased baking sheet. Let it rise for another 15 minutes. Bake it on the second bar from below, until it gets a nice golden color, let it cool, then sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
Bremen fruit bread, you can bake in a round mold, like bread or in an oblong 30cm ... so according to this recipe you can prepare both ...