Bread with sour cream and milk (milk bread)
We were caught by a wave of cold, where the temperature ranges up to -22 ° C, and who can go through this cold to buy bread when it can be prepared in a warm house, even at home. I like to try new recipes and this recipe looked good to me and I was not mistaken. I made the dough many times with Greek yogurt, sour cream, but the first time I make it with neutral sour cream, and you, if you have sweet sour cream, can use it.
- Sift the flour and add all the other ingredients to the flour and pre-heat the milk and sour cream to keep it warm but not hot as it will “kill” the yeast. Knead the dough well with a mixer, and since not all flours absorb the same liquid, it may be necessary to add more flour or liquid. If it is necessary to add any of this, always add very little only until you get a dough that is soft and smooth. Shape into a ball, coat with very little oil, cover and leave in a warm place to double the dough.
- Pour the risen dough on the work surface and divide it into 16 equal parts, shape each part into a ball. Cover the dough so that it does not dry out. Take one ball at a time and spread it into a roll about 20 cm long with your hands and wrap it in a circle.
- If you want, you can make two smaller loaves of 8 balls or one bigger than all 16. I made bigger ones, but next time I will try two smaller ones and use smaller trays, then the bread will be taller. Grease a round cake pan or plain pan well and arrange the snails next to each other. I used a 26cm cake mold. When you have finished making the snails, cover the baking tray with the dough and leave it in a warm place for the dough to fill the baking tray, which is about 45 minutes to an hour.
- In the other half of the beaten egg, add a few drops of milk and coat the risen bread, sprinkle with seeds of your choice and turn on the oven to heat to 185 ° C. Bake the bread for about 35 to 40 minutes, and if you bake two smaller ones, then about 30 minutes is enough for you or until it turns nicely brown. Be careful not to overcook them as you will dry out the bread. Baked bread is so soft, like cotton, that it is wonderful to eat it.
- In the original recipe, baked bread was coated with a mixture of 3 teaspoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of water, I didn't like the idea because we ate bread with stew, but if I made it to eat for breakfast with a glass of milk or a cup of tea or coffee, then I would coat it. About 70 g of sugar was also added to the dough, I replaced it with only 1 teaspoon.
- I'm sorry that I can't show you how good this bread is with the picture, which means you have to take my word for it. Pleasant !!!!