Blue eggplant moussaka - in our Macedonian way
this is a recipe that I recently watched on one of our cable TVs, as a recipe of our Macedonian climate ... I tried it and I really liked it, so here I give it to you .....
- Cut the blue eggplant into rings 1-1.5 cm thick and put it in cold salted water to stand for about half an hour / to extract the bitterness from the [vegetables, and not to darken./
- during that time, peel the onion and chop it finely, peel the tomato and cut it into small cubes and leave it separately from the onion.
- take the eggplant rings out of the pan and dry them on a linen napkin. Heat the oil and fry them a little on both sides. Leave the fried ones on a paper napkin to soak up the excess oil.
- Fry the minced meat on the rest of the oil, then add the chopped onion. Season and fry until the onion softens. Add the tomatoes / tomatoes / and fry a little more, so that the tomatoes release their juice and the meat becomes juicy, add the rice and fry a little more, add ale paprika. The shelters are on fire.
- turn the oven to 200 degrees to heat, and during that time, in the pan in which you will bake / do not stir it, it is not necessary because the eggplants are oiled / add a row of fried eggplants / half the amount can be a larger layer of eggplant /, add a little salt / I worked in a refractory dish with a lid /, we fry the meat with rice, to get a fine layer of filling, then again arrange the rest of the eggplant on the surface, press a little with a spoon, then add a glass of water. if not, cover it with AL-foil and let it bake for about 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature. and bake for another 20 minutes.
- when the moussaka is baked, take it out of the oven, pour 200 g of sour cream in which you have beaten 2 whole eggs, add a little salt. Return to the oven and leave it to bake / the oven does not have to be switched on /.
- "look one more time"
this dish can be served as a main dish - hot or as a cold appetizer with sour cream balls.