Beef with peppers
The basic recipe is from the book Chinese Cuisine prepared by Dubravka Celebrini, but I have prepared it hundreds of times and changed it a bit.
- Cut the meat into strips 5 X 5 X 50 mm, mix with the marinade ingredients and leave to stand.
- Wash, clean and chop the vegetables into strips / rings. I use a Boerner chopper and maybe a larger grater. Squeeze the mushrooms well from the liquid.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Heat the oil well in a wok or large sherpa / pan and add the meat (hold the lid in the other hand and cover as it will spray hard). Fry the meat for a minute or two. While frying, squeeze the garlic / garlic, then add the celery, stir, add the peppers and the leeks, stir and finally add the red onion. stirring constantly, add the sauce and after a minute remove from the heat / hob.
- In the original, everything is fried and then taken out, but there is no need to complicate and consume a large amount of oil. It is important that everything is done quickly and the frying is finished in less than ten minutes.
Serve with cooked rice. I cook it in the microwave / wave on one cup of rice, two and a half cups of water at half power for 30 minutes, half covered, so that it doesn't boil.