Beef poppies with spring vegetables
If you want to change your diet, start exploring new flavors. Prepare beef maki with spring vegetables and shiitake mushrooms that are likely to become a favorite part of the weekly menu.
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice it. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
- Cook the vegetables and mushrooms separately in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, cool them under cold water and let them drain well.
- Cut the steak lengthwise into very thin slices (2-3 mm). Arrange together 3-4 slices lengthwise so that they overlap by 1 cm. This way you will get 4-5 rectangular roll bases.
- Salt them and put a piece of carrot, green beans and shiitake mushrooms cut into sticks on the edge of each. Roll them tightly and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the rolls on all sides over medium heat. Then pour water, soy sauce, sake, mirin and cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then remove the rolls, and cook the sauce for a few more minutes until it thickens a bit.
Cut the rolls into 3-4 equal parts and serve with the prepared sauce.
The easiest way to slice meat is to freeze it and cut it on a meat slicer before cutting. Use the rest of the shiitake mushroom stalks to make soup or risotto.