Beans in Dalmatian
This recipe was given to my mother by a chef in a restaurant in Dalmatia and we have been making it ever since, I adore it and enjoy it once a week. I recommend it to all lovers of beans and Dalmatian cuisine. :)
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and bring to a boil in salted water. Depending on which beans you use (if they are fresh add them right at the beginning, if they are frozen add them until the potatoes are a little soft), add them to the water along with the carrots and potatoes. When cooked, remove and drain.
- In the same pan, fry a couple of cloves of garlic in olive oil and put the tomatoes separately to cook. When the tomato is cooked, take it out, cool, peel and cut into cubes.
- When the garlic turns brown, put the beans, potatoes and carrots on it, fry a little and add the tomatoes.
- Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes (until all the water evaporates and oil appears at the bottom) with occasional stirring, when the water evaporates cook for another 5 minutes with constant stirring. Salt.
- This side dish goes great with everything from fish to any type of meat, I recommend with boiled chicken or fish, with lettuce (to complete the magic of Dalmatian flavors, I recommend seasoning it with olive oil, vinegar, a little salt and a little Dalmatian mixture spices).