My nephew wanted a particularly rich cake for his birthday. I chewed the recipes and the result is a cake that is rich in both ingredients and calories, and it is decorated so much that I rightly gave it a name - baroque. Besides, if you enjoy it too much, you could become round just like baroque angels. :))))
- The cake needs to be made the day before.
- For the chocolate cream, you need to separate 200 ml of sweet cream and steam it together with 200 g of dark chocolate. When the chocolate is completely melted, stir to melt the ingredients and pour into a deeper bowl where it can be mixed and put in the fridge overnight.
- For brown leaves:
- Halve all the ingredients and bake each leaf separately, so mix 100 g of butter, 90 g of sugar, add 4 egg yolks, 100 g of ground almonds and 80 g of grated dark chocolate. Separately whisk the 4 egg whites and carefully add it to the mixture. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured mold with a diameter of 28 cm and bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes at 180 '. The whole mixture can be made, so when it cools down, halve it to get two leaves again, only then should the baking time be adjusted.
- For yellow leaf:
- Separate the egg whites and whisk together the very solid snow. Stirring slowly at the lowest speed, add the yolks, ground almond sugar and finally the crumbs soaked in rum. (They should not be too moist). Pour this mixture into a greased and floured mold and bake for about 35-40 'in a preheated oven at 180'.
- For blacklist:
- Whisk the butter with the sugar, add the egg yolks, steamed chocolate and flour sifted with baking powder. Beat the egg whites into a stiff batter and carefully add to the mixture. Bake in a greased and floured mold for about 35-40 minutes at 180 '.
- Cool all leaves well.
- For almond cream:
- Pour about 6 tablespoons of boiling milk over the ground almonds. When it cools, add the butter that you previously made well with the powdered sugar and mix everything together well to get a smooth cream. Divide the cream into three parts. Place the brown sheet on a serving plate first, coat it with a third of the cream, then the yellow sheet that you coat with another third of the cream, then the black sheet that you coat with the remaining cream and put another brown sheet on top. Put such a complex cake in the refrigerator overnight.
- Finish the chocolate cream the next day. Separately mix the remaining 200 ml of sweet cream to obtain a solid whipped cream, especially frothy butter. The day before, mix the cream prepared well with a mixer to almost double the volume, then add the sweet cream and butter and mix everything together well to get a smooth cream. Coat the whole cake with this cream, leaving 2 tablespoons to decorate.
- To decorate:
- Sprinkle the edge of the cake with chocolate crumbs
- Mix the sweet cream with a bag of cream-fix, put it in a decorating bag and decorate the cake profusely.
I know from experience that whipped cream is better if sweet cream contains more milk fat. If the percentage is 36%, whipped cream fix will not be needed. In addition, the tetra should be opened at the entire edge so that you can use a spoon to scrape off any grease that catches on the edges. And it peels even easier if your whisks and the bowl in which you mix are cold, I put them in the freezer for half an hour before use and the whipped cream is perfect.