Baking soda with rosemary
I dedicate the recipe to my dear cool friend Tanja567. Thanks, Tanja.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Oil the baking sheet.
- Put flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pepper, rosemary (you can reduce rosemary and add more) and cheese in a bowl. You can chop the rosemary or leave it whole. In another bowl, beat the egg and add the buttermilk (I make it by adding one tablespoon of white alcoholic vinegar to the milk and letting it stand for a few minutes). Stir in egg and buttermilk.
- Mix the mixture with the flour and add the mixture with the egg. Stir until all ingredients are combined into a compact mixture.
- Shake the dough on a work surface sprinkled with flour. Knead until a solid round shape is obtained. Cut the dough at the top in the shape of the letter x.
- Put the dough in a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, until you get a crust golden brown. Place the baked bread on the rack to cool for 20 minutes.
Serve warm bread. It is great with butter.