Baked Greek bread with feta cheese
Super soft, delicious toast!
- If you can't find creamy Greek yogurt then you can with plain yogurt. Crush the feta cheese with your hands. For those who live outside of Croatia, try to find self-raising flour, in which case do not use baking powder. Self-raising flour is usually flour already mixed with baking powder. If you can't find it then use plain flour with the addition of baking powder. By no means add salt, feta cheese is very salty. From the stated amount of ingredients, I got 10 pears.
- In a larger bowl, add flour, shredded feta cheese, yogurt and baking powder. Mix with a fork and then continue with your hand. Do not use an electric mixer. You need to get an extremely soft dough, like a pillow. Leave covered to rest for 15 minutes.
- In the pan, add just enough oil to cover the bottom. Heat over medium heat. Separate small balls about 5cm in diameter, stretch by hand to get a round, extremely thin almost transparent dough, about 15cm in diameter, it doesn’t matter if it’s a little torn in the middle, if there are holes.
- Immediately put on hot oil and fry for no longer than 20 seconds, first one side first, then quickly turn and fry the other. The goal is for the dough to turn a little yellow, not to get a dark color, not to be too fried. Remove and place on a paper towel to soak up the oil. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Add extra oil when needed. do not fry dry.
- Serve with homemade olive oil or with olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar. Super super kruscici !!