Antique, traditional, kuglof, according to the recipe of my grandmother Agatha, is often prepared in winter, especially for the Christmas and New Year holidays !!
- Sift the flour (25dag) and make a hollow, grind the yeast in it, add a teaspoon of sugar and a little lukewarm milk. Knead the dough, form a loaf and let it stand for 15 minutes in a warm place. Beat the butter and the remaining sugar into a frothy mixture.
- Separately, beat 3 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks, add sweet cream, a little salt and grated lemon zest, and finally a mixture of sugar and butter. Dip dried raisins, almonds and sliced orange peel in lemon juice for ten minutes. , knead the egg and butter cream, add the remaining milk and flour (25dag) to get a dough, in which you will put more fruit.
- Grease the mold with butter and sprinkle with crumbs, then pour in the dough. Leave it for another 15 minutes in a warm place to rise. Bake it at 160-180 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes.
- Serve the cake sprinkled with powdered sugar, in which you mixed vanilla sugar. Whole Kuglof I apologize to Lela-Rosi for waiting a long time to write the recipe, I couldn't because of technical problems !!
- to keep it soft for as long as possible, wrap it in foil and cut as needed.