Aunt Angelica's chestnut cube
I don't have a picture of a cake, but believe me, it brings a real touch of autumn into the home like this picture I am attaching… and the recipe is certainly older than this tree bathed in autumn colors
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar, and gradually add the egg yolk one by one.
- Mix flour, walnuts and a little baking powder, and bake at 180 ° C in a greased and floured pan p.s. the biscuit should not be too thick Stuffing:
- Whip the cream, and add the softened butter and chestnuts, and if desired, you can add more powdered sugar and rum.
- Sprinkle the cooled biscuit with a little milk and coat with chestnut filling.
- Cover the cake with chocolate glaze, which can still be decorated with the rest of Hopla cream (I usually take a half-liter package, so I have it left to decorate) .. and it can also be sprinkled with chocolate crumbs.
I made chestnut cubes for my birthday and believe it or not it turned out that I should have made a double amount… even though I had at least 30 pieces of cookies from this recipe…. Serve chilled!