Aromatic imperial meat
Imperial meat in a marinade of mustard, lemon and garlic. Juicy, fragrant, soft, delicious…
- Wash the imperial meat, dry it with a paper towel, and cut the skin every 2 cm with a sharp knife, so that you can cut the roasted meat more easily later.
- For the marinade, mix the mustard, a tablespoon of Vegeta, a little lemon juice and finely chopped garlic and salt and pepper.
- Salt and sauté the skin of the imperial meat to taste, then rub these spices well so that the grooves where you cut it with a knife reach, and coat the rest of the meat well with the marinade.
- Leave the meat prepared in this way to marinate for at least 4 hours, and preferably overnight.
- Then transfer the meat to a baking dish, pour oil over it and cover with a little water and bake at 200 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then cover it with aluminum foil and bake for another hour or so (depending on the size of the meat and the strength of the oven), basting occasionally as needed.
- Then remove the foil and bake until the skin glows and gets a nice color.
- Leave the roasted meat to cool a bit, then cut it into slices.
Serve this aromatic roast with crispy new potatoes or vegetables and, of course, a salad of your choice.