Fragrant and sweet snack ........
- Oranges / peel / wash well, then peel into 4-5 slices. Cut the peeled peel / easiest with scissors / into strips 5 mm thick. Put the cut orange peel in a bowl with water. For the next 5 days, keep the peel in water, but water change twice a day.
- On the sixth day, put the crust to boil for about 30 minutes to soften it. Discard the cooking water and put the crust in a strainer to drain well! Then weigh the peel, and weigh the sugar as much as they weigh. It is usually about 200 g of orange peel, about 200 g of peel. So 200 g. sugar.
- For example, pour 1 dcl of water into this amount of sugar, put it in a bowl with a wider bottom (I put it in a pan or a wok) and cook. When the sugar has melted nicely and everything thickens a bit, put the drained orange peel in it.
- Mix everything together and cook at a higher temperature. It's done very quickly. The sugar syrup boils, clings to the orange peel and that's it ... Remove from the heat.
- You need to prepare a flat dish - a tray, for example - sprinkle it with sugar, then pour the crust / hot / on that sugar and spread everything. Sprinkle a little more sugar on top and leave to cool.
- When they cool, they harden a bit and are very fine for snacking. Store in a glass jar. They can also be added to some cakes / kuglof etc./.
Due to this long standing in the water and frequent water changes, almost all the bitterness comes out of the orange peel. So then it is very fine to eat.