A cake made to measure for those who like dried fruits, nuts, rich egg cream and butter.
- Chop the dried fruit, grind the walnuts, roughly chopping 50 g. Turn the oven to 180 degrees. Whisk the egg whites with the addition of a couple of grains of salt, then add the sugar and stir with a mixer to get a solid mixture. Mix flour, ground biscuits and baking powder and add to the snow, mix with a spatula, not a mixer.
- Shake out the ground walnuts and dried fruit and mix everything finely. Shake the mass thus obtained on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 10-15 minutes, ie until the crust turns brown. The dimensions of the baking tray are 40 x 36. Leave the baked biscuit to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. Beat the egg yolk and egg well with the sugar until they turn white and cook them on steam, stirring constantly. When we see that the mixture is cooked, take it off the steam and mix in the cooking chocolate, which we cut into small pieces beforehand so that it melts first. Leave the egg and chocolate filling to cool and only then add the softened butter. Make sure that both the butter and the filling are at the same temperature. We do this with a mixer.
- Cut the crust into three parts and fillet. Spread the cake around and leave it in the fridge to set well. When the cake has cooled, decorate it with sweet cream and chocolate icing or as you like.
- For the chocolate glaze, melt the butter and chocolate in a steamer, mix well and let it cool a bit, then pour over the cake.
- From this amount of ingredients we get a very solid cake measuring 13 cm x 33 cm and 7 cm high. You can see everything on the blog Kitchen of One Blues https://kuhinja-jedne-blues.com/recept/qOsDWNagU4NmGAuTOLE5
Let the cake stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving. It will cut much nicer, and its taste is much better in that case.