Anyos szelet or Mother-in-law's cake
This cake is accompanied by a very interesting and fun story, I enjoyed remembering it for the umpteenth time, my grandmother told me this story every time she made Anyos szelet. Anyos szelet is a Hungarian original cake and means "Mother-in-law's cake"… .hmm… dear grandma :)
- Knead the dough from all the ingredients. It should be smooth and everything should be nicely tied. Wrap it in foil and leave it in the fridge to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- From this mass, bake two crusts on an inverted greased and floured baking tray or on baking paper, which we also put on the back of the baking tray.
- Bake it at 180 C until it rises nicely. It is important not to overcook it. Be careful that it burns easily.
- Leave the baked crust on the tablecloth and do not move it until it is filled, because it can crack. If that happens, it doesn't matter, just stick it like a mosaic when filling it. When the stake is cut, nothing will be noticed.
- For the biscuit, whisk the egg whites and sugar until it hardens and starts to shine, mix the egg yolk and flour mixed with baking powder and bake at 175 C. Fil-
- Boil 8 dcl of milk. Mix all the sugar and boil again. Especially in the remaining 2 dcl. Knead the flour with flour or thickener (preferably half and half) without lumps and add to the rest of the milk. Cook the thick cream.
- Let's divide it into two parts. In one we put cocoa, rum (that's the original, but who doesn't like it, leave it out) vanilla sugar.
- In the second part we put the peel and juice of two lemons (also you don't have to put only vanilla for example)
- Whisk the given amount of margarine until foamy and add to the cooled creams.
- Now we can fill the stake!
- Brown dough + chocolate filling + yellow biscuit + white filling + other brown dough.
- Top with chocolate glaze.
- Leave the cake outside overnight so that the crust softens nicely and then keep it in the fridge.
They do not say in vain that Hungarian women are cunning and capable women! hehehe… .so if you want to tell someone not to joke with you kindly offer him / her a piece of Mother-in-law's cake :)