Ana's cake ♥ ♥
I dedicate this cake to my mother for her birthday! ♥ ♥ I know that your heart is wounded, I know that you are tired and that you want to leave Look, you still have us, stay with us a little longer !!! ♥ ♥ Happy birthday, mother !! from your Tanja!
- For the base of the cake, knead the dough from flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and margarine, put it in cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Spread the dough on a greased cake base (26cm), preheat the oven to 200 ”and bake for 15 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- For the biscuit, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and add 3 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Beat the egg whites into a stiff batter and add slowly to the egg yolks.
- Sift flour, baking powder and thickener into a mixture of egg yolks and egg whites and mix slowly.
- Preheat the oven to 220¨, place the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a kitchen towel sprinkled with sugar.
- Transfer the baked biscuit to it. Coat the paper with water and slowly remove it from the biscuit. Spread 300 g of marmalade over the biscuit and then roll it into a roll with a kitchen cloth and let it cool. When it cools, cut it into 3 cm wide slices.
- Place the base of the shortcrust pastry on a tray, coat it with 50g of jam,
- place a cake hoop around it.Cut the cut biscuit slices next to each other on the base inside: the hoops.
- Mix the pudding powder with the sugar and a little milk. Put the rest of the milk to boil. When the milk boils, remove it from the stove and whisk the pudding and bring to the boil once more. Cool it a bit and pour it into the cake pan, leave it to cool.
- If you have frozen berries let them thaw. I combined frozen wild berries with fresh strawberries. Arrange it over the pudding.
- Prepare the topping for the cake as directed, and pour over the fruit.
- Allow to cool.
- When cool, remove the rim from the cake and spread the remaining jam on the sides of the cake.
I hope you enjoy this beautiful light cake made of divine berries…