An original burek made of finished crusts as from a bakery
I previously received a recipe for an original burek from the bakery and how it should be a popular burek. My brother and his son are burek masters and their bureks are far known for their quality and they all just wanted to buy burek bass from that bakery. I got a lot of advice from them and I created my burek myself. The popular burek should be greasy, layered and full of cheese. Liquid (water and oil), mixed with flour, baking powder and salt are the magic ingredient. During baking, the crust absorbs a mixture of flour and pastries and the middle of a real burek is formed. The process of thinning the crust is also important, it follows in the recipe (to get the shape of the original burek)
- Turn on the oven to preheat to 200 degrees.
- Oil the burek baking tray well and set it aside. (from 190 ml take very little)
- The rest of the oil, 100 ml of water, 1 flat teaspoon of salt, 1 flat teaspoon of baking powder and one teaspoon of flour, mix well and combine. Set aside.
- Crush / chop feta cheese and mix with sour cream. Set aside
- Put 2 crusts in a round greased pan, with the ends of the crust out of the pan, sprinkle with the liquid mixture, arrange 3 crusts crumpling them so that they are completely in the pan, all 3 next to each other, sprinkle with the liquid mixture, arrange half of the cheese and cream filling. repeat the process with the crusts, sprinkle, the rest of the filling, again 3 crusts (if they are thin then 4), spray, Fold the first two crusts whose ends were outside the pan, inwards. Spray liquids.
- Bake the burek in a preheated oven until well browned. Make sure that the oven bakes evenly and that the underside is sufficiently browned, baked, because when the burek is baked, you will turn it upside down and cut it into 4 pieces of burek. From one pan 4 bureks.
- Tip! If you are making with thinner crusts because you can't get thicker, then it's best to add 180 ml of oil and water to make the liquid about 300 ml or slightly less and add 1 teaspoon of pastry, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of flour. Then arrange the crusts completely next to each other 4 instead of 3 in a circle crumpling them, because the crusts are thinner. The procedure is the same
Serve warm burek with yogurt or sour milk