Amaranth with wok vegetables
In this dish, I have successfully combined vegetables prepared in a wok, which I love immensely, and the pseudo-cereal amaranth (technically not a cereal). For vegetarians and those who are not allowed to eat anything with gluten, this is a great meal. For the rest of us, it’s also a great and healthy meal, and can be a great side dish to meat. The Chinese mixture of spices in the vegetable dish gives a specialty.
- Prepare amaranth according to the instructions on the package, cook in water, on low heat for about 20 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Fry the zucchini (not all at once, but a small amount), in a little fat, stirring constantly, in a wok pan for 5 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with a little soy sauce and sprinkle with a little Chinese spice mixture. Remove the roasted zucchini from the pan, set aside. Repeat with the remaining zucchini until the whole amount is cooked through.
- Fry onions, peppers, celery and garlic, with the addition of soy sauce and spices, in a little fat in a wok for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Mushrooms, with the addition of soy sauce and spices, fry in a little fat in a wok for 1-2 minutes. Return the fried vegetables, zucchini, onions, peppers and celery to the wok, mix with the champignons.
- Cooked amaranth add, stir to combine vegetables and amaranth.
- Nutritional info for 1 serving *: energy value: 342 kcal; fat: 11.57 g; carbohydrates: 50.93 g; protein: 11.28 g; cholesterol: 0 mg; sodium: 254 mg; potassium: 723 mg. Measuring cups and spoons
Serve as a light vegetarian meal or meat side dish.