A simple apple and semolina cake
I know that there are already some, but they will be good for some as a reminder, and for younger housewives maybe for the first preparation ... My recipe is of course adapted, without flour and with jam that makes it even more juicy ... A real treat for male and female gourmets, and even children do not reject it (it is a little bigger) ...
- Since the cake is prepared all in one bowl and very quickly, I advise you to prepare it first by grating the apple, and then add the rest in order ...
- Mix eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar with a mixer or whisk, add milk and oil.
- In the mixture of eggs and the previously mentioned ingredients add first semolina and baking powder, then walnuts, raisins and finally apples with a little cinnamon (if you like it). If you like, you can add a few drops of rum, but it is not necessary. Just lightly drain the apples so that they are not too wet, but still juicy.
- Pour the cake like a biscuit into a greased and floured pan and put it in the oven at about 200 degrees until it rises, and later you can reduce the temperature a bit. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until done. It is always best to check with a toothpick, because what is safe is safe.
- When the cake is ready, I recommend coating it with jam (warm it up a bit to make it easier to spread). The sour ones go very well, and with apricot jam it resembles Sacher cake. After the cake has cooled a bit (not to the end), pour chocolate glaze over it. I prefer the slightly bitter ones, with more cocoa because they complement well with the walnuts and apples in the cake.
- Leave the cake for a few hours or overnight to cool well to take on the final texture and to make it easier to cut. It is also excellent a few days after preparation, in fact the longer it stands, the tastier it is because it relaxes, and the flavors blend well with each other.
The cake can be served on its own, but if you like, you can put a little whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on its side, alone or topped with thick cherry juice.