A real American perfect cheesecake
This is the best cheesecake recipe that exists in Croatia. I created it by combining 4 different sides of the recipe, it was adapted to our ingredients and recently tried. Yes, it is perfect! :)
- Substrate. For the base, use a digestive biscuit, bought in a package of 400g, for this cake you need 3/4 of that, and spread the rest with nutella and eat it while baking the cake so that you do not leak saliva. So grind 300g of biscuits (it is best to put it in a household bag and roll it over them), so that a fine powder is obtained. Melt 100g of butter and put it in the crushed biscuit and combine by hand. Add a little sugar as desired and a pinch of salt to the resulting mixture. When you have mixed everything, pour the mixture into a baking tin, the round one. The standard is 26cm in diameter, mine is smaller, 25cm in diameter, but it bakes better :). Press the mixture evenly on the bottom of the mold by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and put the mixture inside for 5 to 10 minutes to bake just a little. Take it out and cool.
- Mixture. Remove all ingredients for the mixture from the refrigerator to warm to room temperature, otherwise the cake will crack during baking. (maybe I should have mentioned that earlier). Put 500g of Lidl cheese in a bowl. So it is fresh cheese / curd Pilos (and in the small text it says lean cheese with less than 10% milk fat), it is a square package of exactly 500g and it is the best lean cheese you can find here, it is the least greasy and not grainy. Add 500g of mascarpone to make up for the lack of fat, 150g of milera, 200 to 250 grams of sugar, 4 very small teaspoons of vanilla flavor (it says on the bottle 2 teaspoons of half a pound of the mixture, there are about a pound here), and a little salt. Start mixing everything into the mixture.
- When the ingredients are mixed, prepare 4 eggs in a plate. Add a little lemon juice, half a tablespoon of density to the mixed mixture, mix and start adding eggs. Once the eggs are added it should no longer be mixed. Add the eggs one by one and just briefly combine them with the mixture. After the fourth egg, mix for two seconds to combine and stop.
- If, in the meantime, you forgot that your base should have been baked for only five minutes, and you have read this, quickly remove the base from the oven. Pour the mixture evenly over the cooled base. It should reach almost to the top of the mold.
- Our oven was still preheated to 180 degrees and we added a large pot of water to the bottom of the oven that had already steamed and filled the oven. Put the cake inside and let it bake / cook for 40 to 50 minutes. Do not open the oven as steam will come out and dry the environment. When the mixture on the upper side turns significantly yellow or slightly brown, we take out the cake, it will swell a little, but when we take it out, it goes down again somewhere to the top of the mold. Allow to cool.
- When the cake has cooled, whisk 250 grams of milera, 35 grams of powdered sugar, 50ml of sweet cream, 2 small teaspoons (meaning very small teaspoons) of vanilla extract and a little lemon juice into a bowl by hand with a spoon or fork. When the mixture is combined, pour the cooled cake over it and put it in the fridge overnight, or at least for 4-5 hours.
- All that’s left is to smugly smile while others full-mouthed mumble how perfect this cheesecake is!