A cake for a dear friend
The cake was made on the occasion of a joyful event, the birth of a cute little girl, and is basically a recipe for Katarina's cake.
- Whisk in a solid foam of 7 egg whites, add sugar, egg yolks and all other ingredients in order.
- Bake the crust and when it cools, cut it in half. This will be our first and third crust.
- For the second (middle) crust, whisk 5 egg whites and add all the ingredients in order. Bake the crust in the same mold.
- For the filling, steam 5 egg yolks and 3 whole eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar. When the cream has cooled, add the butter and combine everything.
- Fill the cake and finally decorate with icing.
- For this solemn occasion, the cake is decorated with small buds and small flowers made of sugar mixture, and a detailed explanation of how it is made can be read here:
On this occasion, only yellow cream was made, but the filling can be divided in half and put melted chocolate (50 g) in one part. The listed ingredients refer to a standard size cake, which can be prepared in a round (# 26 cm) or square mold (25 × 25 cm). The cake in the picture is made of 1.5 measures.