A bowl of dough with a soup of roasted cauliflower and broccoli
Everything is eaten: the bowl and the soup and the spoon
- Store the starter in a deep glass bowl: mix the yeast with 100 g of flour, sugar and milk, cover and leave this at room temperature for 4 hours.
- In another bowl, mix the sifted flour, salt and powdered milk. When the previous mixture has stood for 4 hours, pour water, milk, olive oil into the bowl of the bread machine, add the flour mixture and the starter and turn the machine on to the dough mixing program. After the time for this program has expired (I have an hour and 30 minutes), leave the dough in the machine to stand for at least another hour.
- Or knead the dough classically, shape it into a ball, cover the bowl with the dough and leave it at room temperature for two hours and 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dough from the bowl to the work surface, measure it and divide it into 5 equal parts. I got 5 balls of 200 gr each. Form balls and arrange them on a baking sheet on which you have placed a permanent baking foil or baking paper. Cover the pan and let the dough rise at room temperature for an hour and 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake for 25 minutes. Cool the roast on a baking sheet, then place on a wire rack and cool on the grill.
- While the bread is cooling, prepare the soup: turn on the oven to heat to 200 ° C. Wash the cauliflower and broccoli and chop them into as few flowers as possible. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt over it and arrange the vegetables in one layer in the baking tray on which you put the baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and add the diced onion and carrot. Bake the vegetables for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add finely chopped garlic and bake for 2 minutes, stirring constantly again. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, bay leaves, sweet ground pepper, turmeric, hot pepper, black pepper, vegetable broth, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Increase the temperature and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the temperature and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the roasted cauliflower and broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes all together. Try adding salt if necessary.
- Cut the top with a bowl of bread, carefully dig out the middle and pour the soup. Sprinkle the soup with finely chopped fresh parsley. Serve with spoons of dough.