A black woman
I got this recipe from my godfather for sure about ten years ago. I never made it and here I decide to make it for the first time for Easter. This is a cake for those who like "heavy" cakes. There is already a recipe with the same name, similar to this one, but I have one more filling, so I decided to write it.
- Whisk with a mixer egg yolks, sugar and oil. Like, until it turns white. Add ground walnuts, baking powder and firmly beaten egg whites and lightly combine with a wire (not a mixer). Transfer to a cake tin (diameter 28 cm) lined with baking paper. Bake at about 200 C until separated from the sides of the mold. when ready, leave to cool and cut into two crusts.
- Cook milk and flour like pudding. More precisely, mix the flour in a little separated milk and pour in boiling milk. Cook until thickened. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the margarine with the powdered sugar and combine with the cooled flour and milk mixture. Whisk well with a mixer.
- Sprinkle the raisins with rum a little earlier and let them stand. Shake them into the finished filling. Cut the green candies into cubes and also put them in the filling. Chop the walnuts and add the same to the filling. Mix everything well. Walnuts follow the original recipe, but it's a little too difficult for me, so I put candied pineapple instead of walnuts.
- Pour the entire amount of filling 1 on the first crust. Cover with the second crust. Then coat with filler 2.
- And prepare the filling 2 by whipping the remaining 3 egg whites into solid snow with sugar and lemon juice. Steam this whipped mixture until it hardens and becomes sticky like a sampita. I cooked for about ten minutes with constant stirring with a mixer.
- When that filling is coated, a chocolate glaze goes on top. I didn't coat the whole surface, but I smeared the white surface so that there wasn't a lot of chocolate. The whole cake is coated according to the original recipe.
- My advice is to spray the crusts with something before coating with the film. Either with milk or some juice, because the crust is a bit dry to my taste.