A ball of cake
Some scientific research shows that chocolate is a real cocktail of positively acting substances, and since there is a lot in this cake, I hope that at least one piece lifts the mood, if not to taste, then certainly to the look.
- From the listed ingredients for the dough, whisk the biscuit mass and put it to bake in a cake tin size. 28cm, covered with baking paper. Bake at 200 degrees, about 12 minutes.
- Take the finished crust out of the form and put it on paper sprinkled with sugar, cool and cut with the help of the base of the form into a circle. 24cm, crumble the rest of the dough and leave for decoration. Place the cut circle on a cake plate and wrap it around the edge of the 24cm form.
- For a special mass, whisk the egg yolks with powdered sugar. Beat the egg whites firmly with the sugar and pudding, combine the masses and add the flour, mix everything well.
- Fill a syringe with a round hole with the mass and squeeze out about 60 small donuts at a distance of 3 cm, on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake them at 200 degrees, about 15 minutes.
- For the filling, whip the butter, chocolate and rum until creamy. Fill two donuts with the filling and leave them to set.
- For the filling, beat the egg whites with the sugar very firmly. Melt the softened gelatin in hot rum and add it to the egg white cream. Now divide the mass, add white chocolate in one part, and milk chocolate in the other. Beat the sweet sour cream firmly, mix half in one cream and half in the other.
- Now coat the base with half of the black filling, then with half of the white filling. Arrange the donuts in a circle on top (leaving 6 pieces for decoration), and coat with the rest of the fillings, leveling the surface. Leave the cake to cool for about 2 hours.
- For the 'heads', paint about 180 g of marzipan in pink, roll it out thinly 3 mm thick, and cut 6 squares of size. 10 × 10cm. Wrap one biscuit donut in each piece of cut marzipan, shape a ball with your hands.
- From the marzipan, form small balls and attach them with a toothpick in the form of a nose and mouth. Dip the balls halfway into the chocolate and make them ‘hair’, and draw their eyes from the chocolate as well.
- Carefully take the cake out of the mold, sprinkle it with crumbs and arrange the heads on top. Divide the rest of the marzipan into 4 parts and paint each one in a different color. Roll out thinly and cut strips 1 cm wide, and decorate the space between the heads with them. Keep the cake in a cool place until serving.
- whole cake:
- The recipe is from: "Dr. Oetker Calendar" - 2/05