7 days cut
Fine and light…
- Whisk the egg whites firmly, add the sugar and continue beating, then add the egg yolks and whisk until foamy. Add flour, baking powder, oil and milk and mix lightly with a whisk. Bake a thin biscuit in a large baking sheet.
- Topping: In a blender, grind the strawberries from the compote, add the juice, vanilla sugar and rum.
- Cut the baked biscuit in half widthwise. Soak both halves with strawberry topping and let the biscuit absorb nicely.
- Whisk the icing with the milk, coat the first crust and cover with the second (so that the soaked side is laid on the icing).
- Prepare the red glaze by stirring the gelatin with a couple of tablespoons of cold strawberry juice. Bring the rest of the topping (from soaking the biscuits) to a boil and pour over the melted gelatin. Stir to dissolve the gelatin nicely. When the icing has cooled a bit (it should still remain liquid) apply a thin layer on the surface of the cake and let it cool well. After that, cut the cake into larger slices, I got 12 slices of this size, and pour a lot of chocolate glaze over each one.
- I was left with red glaze, about 1.5 dl. I poured it into a jar and used it as a jelly for pancakes. This is a piece before the icing