"4 M" stew for Grandpa Pinca
"4M" was a great Zagreb vocal quartet, in which Mali, Muki, Medo and Miro sang, and which entertained our generation brilliantly in the 1960s and 1970s. Today and here "4M" is a great stew in which 4 BEANS - beans, beans, chickpeas and lentils - danced enchantingly. I stored it in my kitchen, on the idea of my husband, who also designed this link. To make sure it’s a really great combination, take easy steps through the recipe and prepare this stew. By the way, if you haven't had a chance to enjoy the songs of the "4M" quartet, listen to some old recordings from their twenty-year successful career on You Tube. But, grandfather Pinac, our new Cool chef, to whom I dedicate this recipe, surely remembers their hits from those times .....
- Boil the beans and peel (if you want to and have time)
- Boil the chickpeas and peel (if you want to and have time)
- Prepare all the ingredients for the stew
- Put the beans to boil and cook it until almost cooked and then add in order: beans,
- ...... chickpeas,
- ..... lens,
- ....... bay leaf and sliced carrots and ....
- ...... finally finely chopped bacon. Drizzle with water to cover all ingredients and continue cooking. After a few minutes add the and continue to cook on low heat for about forty minutes.
- Then add finely chopped garlic to the stew ....
- ....... and finely chopped parsley.
- Continue cooking, add a tablespoon of ajvar and at the same time prepare the onion sauce.
- Mix the prepared mixture into the stew, add salt, pepper and turmeric and cook for another ten minutes… ..
- ..... and then serve and listen to this ......