2in1: lasagna or moussaka
Again zucchini, hidden in lasagna.
- Cut the zucchini into slices, add salt and leave for ten minutes. Rinse and drain well. Roll each zucchini roll in flour, egg and crumbs. Arrange the breaded zucchini on a baking tray with baking paper. Bake them at about 180 C for about 20 to 30 minutes. halfway through baking turn them over.
- Leave the roasted zucchini aside to cool.
- For the meat sauce, first fry the meat well in a little oil. Fry it for a long time and stir occasionally until all the water released by the meat evaporates. Then fry, stirring, to brown the meat well, to smell like čevapčiće. :) Add half of the grated zucchini (larger, or a whole smaller one) to the meat and simmer further. Then pour mild wine Salsa on the meat and zucchini and mix. Drizzle a little with water and let it cook for ten minutes. You can add more salt and spices if you wish, but I don't add anything when I put the finished salsa. If I add only pasta or mashed tomatoes, then I season and add basil, parsley, etc.
- Meanwhile, make the béchamel. Fry the flour in butter to keep it white, cover with milk, mix with a wire so that no lumps form. Add the cooking cream. Cook the sauce to a gentle boil, stirring with a whisk. Towards the end, add one or two triangles of melted cheese and stir to dissolve. Finally add salt, grated nutmeg and white pepper as desired.
- Pour a little meat sauce into a baking tray or ceramic baking dish 20x30 cm, arrange the lasagna crusts.
- I used ready-made dry lasagna crusts, I didn't cook them because there are a lot of sauces and they cook nicely.
- Pour a third of the meat sauce on the crust, flatten.
- Arrange breaded (roasted) zucchini in the meat sauce.
- Pour bechamel sauce over the zucchini and grate some parmesan or some other cheese, if desired.
- Then again put a row of lasagna crust, meat sauce, zucchini, bechamel and cheese. Repeat a third time. Finally, pour bechamel well. Bake lasagna / moussaka 2in1 at about 180 C for about 20-30 minutes. Towards the end, sprinkle with cheese to melt and not burn.
Cool slightly and cut into cubes.