We recommend the filling hazelnut cake for moments when you want to enrich a simple lunch with something rich and sumptuous. It will also serve as a wedding cake because hazelnut has long been considered a symbol of fertility!
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add the sugar and egg yolks. Continue beating until the mixture rises, then add the flour mixed with the baking powder and hazelnuts.
- When the flour is half mixed, slowly add the melted butter. Place the dough in a greased and floured cake tin (ø 24 cm) and bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 45 minutes.
- For the cream, mix the pudding powder with the sugar. Take 800 tablespoons of 800 ml of cold milk and mix them well with a mixture of pudding and sugar. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil, remove from the heat and add the whipped pudding powder and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir the whipped butter into the cooled pudding.
- Cut the cooled cake twice, and sprinkle the leaves with a little rum and coat with the prepared cream. Stack them on top of each other and coat the outside of the cake with the remaining cream.
Decorate the cake with whipped cream and hazelnuts before serving.
If you have a 30 cm mold, bake the biscuit for about 10 minutes less.