A cake of love and chocolate
I prepared this cake for my mom for her birthday. As the title itself says, with the listed ingredients it takes a lot a lot of love because this is a special cake dedicated to a special person.
- ) First prepare the cream mixture by heating the whipping cream and adding the chocolate pieces to it. Stir well to melt the chocolate and put the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour. Now you can start preparing the biscuits.
- ) Mix the sugar, vanilla sugar and butter frothily (keep the butter at room temperature, it will be easier).
- ) Beat the solid egg white foam.
- ) Add the egg yolks one by one to the butter mixture. Combine the ingredients well and mix in the ground walnuts, baking powder and melted chocolate. Finally, stir in the egg whites. Mix well to combine the ingredients (the mixture is quite firm, so don’t let that confuse you, just mix, the more the better).
- ) Pour the mixture into a greased and floured mold with a diameter of approx. 25 cm and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes (try with a toothpick whether baked, but do not open the oven door for the first 40 minutes).
- ) When the biscuit is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool well (it is best to take it out of the mold as soon as possible and place it on a cloth).
- ) Cut the cooled biscuit in half and leave to cool.
- ) Meanwhile, after more than an hour has passed, take the cream mixture out of the fridge and mix with an electric mixer until it doubles in volume.
- ) Coat the cooled halves of the biscuit with cream. Join the halves of the cake.
- ) Prepare the glaze by melting the chocolate over a low heat and mixing the softened butter into it.
- ) Drizzle the cake with chocolate icing.
- ) Enjoy this delicious cake with your loved ones as was the case with me…