A cake of joy
Why joy ??? Well, they used to call the poppy plant, the plant of joy :) The cake is with poppy seeds and I dedicate it to my dear Lp-l-mama who became a mother for the third time these days and that is really a reason for joy !!! Congratulations to your family and to you dear Lp-l-mama and all the best to little Tena !!!
- Beat the egg whites into a stiff batter, gradually add the sugar, then one by one the egg yolk, the orange juice. Mix the flour, poppy seeds, chocolate and baking powder and lightly whisk in the egg mixture. Place the mixture in a baking sheet size 20 × 32, the bottom of which you lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for about 30 minutes. Remove the baked biscuit from the tin and sprinkle with orange juice.
- For the cream, mix the yogurt with the sugar and orange juice. Mix the whipping cream and when it starts to thicken, gradually add yoghurt and cream cheese. Stir poppy seeds and chocolate into the thick cream.
- Apply the cream on the cooled biscuit and decorate as desired. I sprinkled it with grated chocolate.
- I hope you enjoy this light orange cake :)
- thank you from the bottom of my heart for trying out dear lp-l-t-mom and this beautiful picture
The biscuit is extremely fine, if you like poppy seeds. It is also suitable for cakes. I put this cream this time but can any, the one you prefer the most. A spoonful of alcohol can be added to the biscuit topping, which I often do :)