A cake for my graduate
Without many words, we are overjoyed and proud of our Jacob for fulfilling all his and our expectations. May all that awaits him in the future be successful, happy and blessed
- First bake the biscuits, or you can bake them the day before, then wrap the baked goods well in foil so that they do not dry out. Sift flour, salt and baking powder, beat the egg whites in the foam and set aside. Mix the egg yolks, sugar and butter together until they are white for about 5 minutes, then add the flour three times alternately with passion fruit pulp. Finally, mix the egg whites with a spatula.
- Make the filling by mixing the egg yolks, sugar and stock well. The milk and cream are put in a bowl and put on the fire, so when it boils, add the egg mixture and cook, stirring, until it thickens, it should be thicker than pudding. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin dissolved in the water. Cover with foil and let cool slightly. Mark the halves and scrape the pulp together with the seeds, then mix into the cooled cream. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat the rest of the sweet cream into the icing and slowly mix it into the cold filling, exclusively with a spatula. Set aside covered until use. Now make the topping with which you will soak the biscuits. Put sugar and water in a bowl and cook until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla or rum, cool completely.
- Transfer the dough to a coated and floured deeper tray measuring 23x33 cm. flatten and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 min. Transfer the baked biscuit to the cooling rack. Bake another biscuit in the same way. These are the ingredients for one cake-book, for another I made a vanilla biscuit with pastry cream.
- Place one biscuit on a tray, then put a square metal hoop, soak it with the topping and drink almost all the filling, leave 6-7 tablespoons of the filling on the side to coat the cake on all sides. Place another biscuit over the filling, then soak it with the topping, cover everything with foil and store in the fridge for 4-5 hours so that the filling is firm. He puts together another cake-book in the same way.
- He takes the chilled cakes out of the refrigerator and carefully removes the metal hoops. Coat the cakes with a thin layer of filling, because the fondant will stick to the cake more easily. If you need to transfer the cake or work for someone else, then it would be best to coat the outside with a cream based on butter, eg butter cream, this is safer and will not melt the fondant. I was making a stake for us and I wasn’t carrying it, so I could use part of the stuffing.
- Fondant color and stretch to dimensions slightly larger than the cake. Wrap the outside of the cake, and cover the side with white fondant. Place the coated book on a cardboard base and place on a serving plate or tray. Measure the height, then cut bamboo sticks to that size and press them into the coated cake in the places where the second book-cake will be placed.
- Wrap the other cake in the same way. From the remains of the fondant, make decorations, pliers, assemblies, a diploma, letters. Painted ornaments are painted in the desired colors, and made of royal icing on the tiles for the decoration assemblies. He places the decorations around the cake and sticks the letters on the books with the help of very little water. I didn't make the cap, I borrowed it from a teddy bear I had in the house for a long time. I just didn't have time anymore, there was so much more to do and this option was the most ideal for me.