A cake for Happy New Year
This is not the original title of the recipe, you concluded that yourself, but I had to add a little of my own. It was a cake to try out the new model.
- Grate the peel of a lemon and an orange, then mix it with 40 g of sugar, which you took away from 200 g.
- Put the eggs with the remaining sugar in a bowl and turn on the mixer. Whisk well. Meanwhile, melt the butter on the stove and allow to cool slightly. Measure the flour and mix it with baking powder and density. Slowly add a spoonful of the flour mixture to the bowl in which you are beating the eggs, and whisk it well.
- When you have whipped it, add melted butter and sugar with lemon and orange peel. Stir everything well. Add lemon juice.
- Pour into the mold as desired and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the mold, then transfer it to a plate.
- Whisk all the ingredients needed for the icing and pour over the cake. Allow to set.
As the Christmas tree mold was a bit small for me, I made a cake in the shape of a Christmas tree from half of this mixture, and the rest I made muffins in a silicone mold.